Want to read the honest review of Autel MaxiDiag MD805? Then you’ve landed on the right page.
The EPB and Oil reset features are the two latest additions to Autel MaxiDiag MD805 scanner.
The additions make this Autel scanner a powerful and effective full system scanner under $200.
Let’s check out the detailed review NOW!
This can access O.E.M advanced codes that can’t be retrieved by basic code readers. It can retrieve Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) and clears them quickly.
When you need to diagnose modules such as power window controller or even your car digital radio, Autel MaxiDiag will accurately retrieve these DTCs. This is because this Autel scanner supports more than 50 modules.
Features and Functionality
Full System Diagnostics
Transmission problems can significantly lower the performance of your car.
- It can cause your vehicle to pause when shifting gears or when you want to reverse from parking.
- If you’ve tried diagnosing transmission problem with basic code readers then you must have realized that they can’t retrieve transmission codes.
But with Autel MaxiDiag MD805 you will be able to diagnose transmission with a single push of a button.
Capable of diagnosing problems such as a shaking car driven at various speeds, the source of the burnt smell, and leaking fluids.
Although it claims to be a full system scanner, it does not perform Airbag functions in most vehicles.
Perform EPB and Oil Reset Functions
When you turn the ignition off, it is expected that the EPB should remain active. However, if there is a fault within the brake system, EPB can fail to function when the ignition is turned off.Check Price at Amazon
This is where Autel MaxiDiag MD805 comes in handy. You will be able to diagnose EPB and retrieve codes using this scanner.
- It is possible to check for faults such as auto hold functions’ or roll-away prevention functions using this scanner. ’
- Another latest addition to the scanner is the Oil reset function, which can accurately identify any problem that may exist in a vehicle’s lubrication system.
Note: This scanner lacks full bi-directionality and cannot perform relearn in most vehicles.
Full OBDII with 10 test modes
Autel MaxiDiag MD805 can perform all the 10 test modes accurately and incredibly fast.
- Capable of retrieving and read codes, obtain live data, I/M readiness status, Freeze frame, and O2 test, and onboard Monitor test.
- You can also perform component tests and access your car VIN.
The best aspect
Note: You are forced to turn off the ignition for at least 10 seconds when the operation error appears.Check Price at Amazon
- Retrieve EPB trouble codes when brakes fail to engage.
- Has an auto-scan button for performing all the basic tests.
- Support live data, freeze frame data, and retrieve pending codes
- Diagnose transmission problems such as a pause when changing gears.
- This scanner supports the 10 test modes and five protocols.
- Lacks full bi-directionality and cannot perform relearn.
- Does not support airbag functions.
This Autel scanner has a wide coverage as you will be able to diagnose U.S domestic vehicles, European, and Asian models.
This includes vehicles classified under MD704, MD703, MD702, MD701 vehicles.
It is also compatible with windows software for easy software updates and printing data
Besides, this Autel supports only English language.
3.8 / 5
4.1 / 5
4.1 / 5
|Engine, ABS, airbag diagnostics||✔||✔||✔|
|Full System Diagnostics||✔||✖||✔|
Who Should Buy Autel MD805?
Autel MaxiDiag MD805 is the DIYer version of its Elite professional version. It is also an affordable full system scanner that can perform many functions.
If you are a DIYer who wants to perform advanced diagnosis on your car then this scan tool is appropriate for you.
It can also be used by mechanics and professional tech with auto shops.Check Price at Amazon
The Bottom Line
Autel MaxiDiag MD805 is an affordable scanner that can support full system diagnosis.
If you update to the latest software, you will realize that Autel MaxiDiag can now perform EPB and oil reset features.
Autel MaxiDiag MD805 scanner can be used comfortably by DIYers, mechanic, and professional techs.