The Autel MS906 OBDII scanner is a diagnostic tool that scans a wide range of glitches on cars from many motor vehicle manufacturers including:
- Other OBDII cars
Autel MS906 Overview
The Autel MS906 is a next-gen device packed with attractive features.
Unlike most scanners in the market whose primary function is to detect issues, you can do more than identify issues with this scanner.
It reconfigures keys when you have key codes from the cars dealer. You can reset many systems with this gadget from checking the condition of ABS to the engines light.
Just as the name suggests, it’s a professional unit designed to be used in car shops.
However, if you are able to purchase one for yourself, it’s the perfect scanner to have in your garage too.
This diagnostic tool works with WI-FI which connects to smartphones and computers. We will take a more in-depth look at the features and functions of Autel MS906 to understand why its rated so high.
Autel MS906 Detailed Review
The scanner is compatible with IOS and Android-powered smartphones that support the OBD car app.
You need a strong wireless connection for it to work.
You can connect it to your tablet or laptop using a USB cable where you can run many tests and backup data from the scanner.
The scanner has a huge eight-inch screen which is a touchscreen with a resolution of 1024* 768P. This resolution gives excellent clarity, the best in the market.
The scanner has digital keys, just like the ones on a touch phone, you have to click on the screen to navigate its system
The scanner runs on the latest versions of Android and IOS to run a diagnosis of your car. Being a new gen device, it won’t support phones running on old operating systems.
The scanner comes with an in-built battery which is used to power the tool. It has an 8-megapixel rear camera with flash.
You can take photos and upload to Autels forums online where you can find solutions to snags from other users.
- Performs full OBD2 functions; it reads diagnostic codes, interprets them and erases codes
- It streams live data to your phone
- It’s compatible with over 80 car makes
- The scanner does graph analysis with recording modes that help track the history of your car’s performance.
- The AutoVIN tech reads your cars VIN to get the car’s information and runs extensive examination on many systems to check for issues.
- The tool can reset many systems like the ABS and the engine light by checking the condition of ABS.
- With this device, you can access over 3000 generic code definitions.
- The device supports all iPhone 5 and later models, Android phone operating Lollipop and following models of the OS. It is also compatible with Windows.
The Autel MS906 scan system is furnished to repair functions like:
- Engine RPM
- Coolant heat level
- Fuel systems status.
- Battery voltage readings.
- Reset systems after extensive analysis and reprogramming key codes
- Supports both IOS and Android smartphones.
- Long battery life
- 8mp camera for taking photographs and uploading online
- Interface that is easy to navigate.
- Auto VIN technology that can read and store vehicles VIN.
- Tough and durable
- Only works with a strong WIFI connections
- Takes a long time to back up the data from the device to a computer
- It’s an expensive scanner
Launch X431 V vs. Autel MS906 vs. Autel MS906BT Comparison Chart
LAUNCH X431 V+
Autel Maxisys MS906
Autel Maxisys MS906BT
4.3 / 5
3.8 / 5
4.3 / 5
|Weight||13.23 pounds||22 pounds||19.2 pounds|
|Dimensions||13.8 x 5.9 x 9.8 inches||10 x 1.4 x 6.9 inches||25.8 x 17 x 7.2 inches|
|Full system diagnoses||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Compatibility||Android, IOS and Windows OS||Android, IOS and Windows OS||Android, IOS and Windows OS|
|Bottom Line||It is ideal for DIY users, car enthusiasts, repair shop||It is suitable for professionals and repair shops.||It is a great pick for professionals and car owners.|
Who Is It For?
This Autel MS906 is designed for professionals and repair shops. It’s pricey for use as for as a home device. The scanner can make a diagnosis on as many as ten cars at once.
While it’s expensive to acquire, it provides a lot of value. It’s a time saving multi-functioning scanner for midscale to large repair shops.
The Bottom Line
This device checks all the boxes. It’s a high performing scanner explicitly made for professional use. Its durable and multipurpose gadget to have in a repair shop.
It will simplify processes and save time by conducting simultaneous tests at once Its worth every penny.