An OBD2 Scanner with ABS and SRS is all you need to read and clear ABS or airbag codes.
Read the review below and take one of the 10 best OBD2 ABS SRS scanners in 2021.
Let’s start NOW!!
- 1 Best SRS ABS Scan Tool Reviews
- 1.1 1BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 SRS ABS Coder Reader
- 1.2 2Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN OBD II SRS ABS Scan Tool
- 1.3 3ANCEL AD610 Elite Automotive ABS SRS OBD2 Code Reader
- 1.4 4FOXWELL NT630 Elite ABS SRS OBD-II Scanner
- 1.5 5Launch Creader CRP123 OBD2 ABS SRS Scanner
- 1.6 6Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite OBD2 Scanner with ABS and SRS
- 1.7 Who Should Buy Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite OBD2 ABS SRS Scanner?
- 1.8 7Innova 3150f Bluetooth OBD 2 ABS Airbag Scan Tool
- 1.9 8Autel AL619 Autolink OBDII ABS SRS Code Reader
- 1.10 9Launch CRP129 OBD II SRS ABS Diagnostic Tool
- 1.11 10Innova 3160g OBD2 SRS ABS Scanner with 3.5″ Display
- 2 Best OBD2 ABS SBS Scanners: Editor’s Top 3 Picks Comparison Chart
- 3 The Bottom Line
- 4 FAQs about OBD2 Scanner with ABS and SRS
- 4.1 1. What is SRS?
- 4.2 2. What Is An Airbag/ SRS Scanner?
- 4.3 3. What is ABS?
- 4.4 4. What Does An ABS Code Reader Do?
- 4.5 5. Can I use one scanner to diagnose ABS and SRS?
- 4.6 6. My scanner won’t read ABS or SRS, what should I do?
- 4.7 7. Is it safe to drive with ABS and SRS lights on?
- 4.8 8. How can I turn off the ABS/SRS light on my car?
- 4.9 9. Can I use a scanner to determine why my airbag doesn’t deploy?
- 4.10 10. Can I use a scanner to bleed ABS?
Best SRS ABS Scan Tool Reviews
At the very least, the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS should be able to pull trouble codes from both the ABS and SRS systems. Some offer more advanced functions like ABS bleeding.
Generally, the best pick for you depends on the range of functions you desire. With that in mind, here is my list of the 10 best OBD2 scanners with ABS and SRS. While some are basic code readers others have a broader range of functions. Be sure to check for the one that delivers everything (or as much as) you need in an ABS & SRS scanner.
1BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 SRS ABS Coder Reader
Why Taking BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 SRS ABS Coder Reader?
BlueDriver’s Bluetooth scanner is the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS for those who love OBD2 adapters. This tiny ABS Code Reader pairs with your mobile device (smartphone/tablet) and brings handy diagnostic functions to your fingertips.
It works with both iOS and Android devices, so compatibility with phones and tablets shouldn’t be an issue. After buying the adapter you get the BlueDriver App free of charge. That app is what makes it possible for you to run diagnostics straight from your mobile device.
As far as vehicle compatibility, the BlueDriver Bluetooth scanner generally covers all OBD2 cars and light trucks. However, it’s ABS and SRS scanner functions only work on Ford, GM, Chrysler, BMW, VW, Honda, Toyota, and Nissan. It plugs into the OBD2 port and acts as an interface between your phone/tablet and the car’s Engine Control Unit (ECU).
In terms of functionality, the BlueDriver Bluetooth scanner lets you read and clear codes from the ABS and SRS. The device pulls and erases confirmed pending and permanent codes. When you erase ABS and SRS codes you will be able to reset their respective malfunction lights.
If you are green in matters codes you will love to know that this scan tool gives a brief definition for each code. Besides, it also suggests possible causes and fixes whenever a problem is detected in your car’s ABS and/or SRS.
Alongside codes, the BlueDriver Bluetooth scanner also displays live sensor data. That’s a handy feature found in all the best ABS code readers and airbag scanners because you want to know about a problem as soon as it occurs.
- Connects easily with mobile devices via Bluetooth
- Very affordable compared to most stand-alone scanners
- Comes with the BlueDriver App for free
- Small and compact in size
- Can be left plugged in the OBD2 port to relay real-time diagnostic data as it is collected
- ABS and SRS diagnostics work on limited car brands
- Can drain car battery when left plugged in the car
What can BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 SRS ABS Coder Reader be used for?
This scan tool is for ordinary car owners who want to check codes, view live data and reset the malfunction lamp on SRS and ABS systems.Check Price at Amazon
2Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN OBD II SRS ABS Scan Tool
Why Taking Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN OBD II SRS ABS Scan Tool?
Although the MaxiLink ML619 is capable of pulling engine codes, it is primarily an ABS & SRS car scanner. With this device, you can view and clear trouble codes from your car’s ABS and SRS. As such, it makes it possible to reset both the ABS and SRS lights.
It’s impressive that the MaxiLink ML619 ABS code reader can retrieve generic as well as manufacturer-specific codes. And that’s not all. This ABS and SRS code reader can also display live sensor data from both systems (i.e. SRS and ABS).
You can choose to view the data as text or graphs. The full-color, LED screen makes data display more attractive. In case you prefer a printout the MaxiLink ML619 gives you the option to print data in hardcopy. And if you want to save the data you can do so thanks to the 16GB memory card included with the scanner.
Some people consider the ML619 as the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS because of its wide vehicle coverage. It’s compatible with all mainstream car brands, domestic and foreign. The only condition is that your car should be a 1996 or newer model.
- Very wide vehicle coverage
- Small, ergonomic design for handheld operation
- Comes with free online software updates
- An intuitive interface makes operation easy
- Uses a lithium polymer battery, meaning it doesn’t have to be connected to a car for you to view data
- Doesn’t support functions like auto-bleeding of ABS
- Could use a longer connection cable
What can Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN OBD II SRS ABS Scan Tool be used for?
The MaxiLink ML619 is perhaps the best ABS scan tool for car owners. With live data capabilities, you can check the ABS and pinpoint a faulty sensor. The same goes for SRS.Check Price at Amazon
3ANCEL AD610 Elite Automotive ABS SRS OBD2 Code Reader
Why Taking ANCEL AD610 Elite Automotive ABS SRS OBD2 Code Reader?
The ANCEL AD610 Elite is in the same price range as the Autel MaxiLink ML619 (above). These two scanners are not so different in functionality either. Just like the ML619, the AD610 supports reading and clearing of ABS and SRS trouble codes.
Once you have cleared the codes you can then reset both the ABS and SRS warning lights. Additionally, this airbag and ABS scan tool allow you to view live sensor data either as text or graph.
Meaning you can use it to determine exactly which ABS or SRS sensor is faulty. More impressively, the device can plot two simultaneous graphs. The purpose of that is to show you how one parameter affects the other.
All the above functions are undoubtedly great. But the one thing that makes the ANCEL AD610 arguably the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS is the fact that it can temporarily activate airbag and ABS components.
Besides that, the scanner is compatible with both OBD1 and OBD2 cars. According to Ancel, it covers a whopping 62 brands of vehicles, including cars, light trucks, and SUVs.
- Coverage for OBD1 and OBD2 vehicles
- Supports component activation for SRS and ABS
- Can compare two graphs
- Supports SD card for storage of diagnostic data
- Comes with free software updates for its lifetime
- Some compatibility issues with particular car models like 2012 Honda Civic
- Could use a better user guide
What can ANCEL AD610 Elite Automotive ABS SRS OBD2 Code Reader be used for?
With a fair range of advanced functions, the ANCEL AD610 ABS diagnostic tool is perfect for DIYers and enthusiasts.Check Price at Amazon
4FOXWELL NT630 Elite ABS SRS OBD-II Scanner
Why Taking FOXWELL NT630 Elite ABS Scanner?
The FOXWELL NT630 OBD2 ABS scanner is yet another scan tool that’s designed mainly for ABS and SRS diagnostics. As such, it offers basic as well as a few advanced diagnostic functions for both those systems.
Some of the beginner-level things that you can do include reading and clearing ABS and SRS codes. Once the codes have been erased the warning lights for those two systems will go off.
The more advanced functions include ABS bleeding, brake bleeding, and active tests for ABS and SRS. Brake bleeding and ABS bleeding basically allow you to flush out air and moisture from the braking system and ABS respectively.
Active tests, on the other hand, make it possible for you to activate and manipulate components. For example, you can use the NT630 to send commands to ABS and SRS sensors (in the same way the ECU does) and observe their response.
From there, you can use the response to judge whether or not the components are behaving as they should. If there’s some abnormal response it means the system (ABS, SRS or both) requires fixing. In sum, this scanner can perform SRS active tests, ABS manual control tests, ABS version tests, and ABS motor tests.
That outstanding capability is why some folks out there call this device the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS. They could be right, considering it also covers so many car brands. It may be exclusively for OBD2 cars but this scanner is compatible with well over 60 vehicle brands.
- Supports advanced functions, including active tests for ABS and SRS
- Quite affordable considering the functions
- Wide vehicle compatibility
- Can diagnose others systems besides ABS and SRS (e.g. SAS)
- Comes with free updates for the product’s lifetime
- Slower than some other scanners when displaying diagnostic data
- Reported issues with regards to auto-bleeding ABS for Nissan vehicles
What can FOXWELL NT630 Elite ABS Scanner be used for?
This SRS and ABS scan tool offer just enough for enthusiasts who want a specialized tool for ABS and SRS diagnostics. It could pass as the best ABS code reader because of the many ABS tests supported.Check Price at Amazon
5Launch Creader CRP123 OBD2 ABS SRS Scanner
Why Taking Launch Creader CRP123 OBD2 ABS SRS Scanner?
Coming in at 5th is the Launch Creader CRP123. While it can also diagnose the engine and transmission, this scanner performs exceptionally in ABS and SRS diagnostics.
For starters, it’s built with auto-VIN technology. That means it will identify a vehicle automatically as soon as you plug it to the OBD2 port. Yes, it’s an OBD2 scanner that covers all mainstream car brands, domestic and foreign.
So what can you do with the CRP123? First, you can pull and erase codes from the SRS and ABS. In doing so it allows you to reset both the SRS and ABS warning lights. Each code comes with a brief description to help you understand the issue better.
Secondly, the scanner can display live sensor data from the ABS and SRS. You need that data to analyze the real-time performance of sensors. That way you should easily identify a faulty sensor.
Featuring a 3.5-inch screen, the Launch Creader CRP123 displays live data in either text or graphical format. You can record and replay the data later on for more analysis.
- Has auto-VIN for vehicle identification and fast diagnostics
- Wide vehicle coverage
- Supports diagnosis of other systems like engine and transmission
- Provides code definitions to help you understand the problem
- Comes with life-long free software updates
- Auto-VIN database needs updating to include the latest car models
- The connection cable is too short
What can Launch Creader CRP123 OBD2 ABS SRS Scanner be used for?
This tool is for you if you are a car owner who needs to check live data (like wheel speed) and trouble codes from the SRS and ABS.Check Price at Amazon
6Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite OBD2 Scanner with ABS and SRS
Why Taking Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite OBD2 ABS Airbag Scanner?
The MD802 Maxidiag Elite is the second Autel product on our list of the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS. As far as those two systems, it’s a lot like most of the others that we’ve seen already.
For instance, it can read and clear trouble codes on both systems. By doing so the device lets you reset their respective warning lights. And it can bleed the ABS.
Besides, it can read live sensor data from the SRS and ABS. Plus it covers most OBD2 vehicles, both domestic and foreign. So what makes this ABS and airbag scanner a tad more expensive than the ones we’ve already seen?
The higher price boils down to the range of additional diagnostic features. Alongside coverage for ABS and SRS, the MD802 Maxidiag Elite lets you diagnose other systems like the engine, EPB, transmission etc. It can also reset oil service, check I/M Readiness status and perform component tests.
In other words, if you are looking for a well-rounded device then this SRS and ABS scan tool make a reasonable choice for you.
- Variety of other functions besides ABS and SRS diagnostics
- Wide vehicle coverage that includes most mainstream OBD2 models
- Provides brief code definitions
- Comes with free software updates for the product’s lifetime
- Large screen and intuitive interface makes it simple to use
- Package includes a one year warranty from Autel
- ABS auto-bleeding doesn’t work on some types of cars like Hybrids
- Several reported durability issues. The device gives a “linking error” message after several times of use and fails to connect with ECU completely
Who Should Buy Autel MD802 Maxidiag Elite OBD2 ABS SRS Scanner?
The fact that the MD802 Maxidiag Elite covers many more systems in addition to ABS and SRS makes it ideal for enthusiasts and DIYers.Check Price at Amazon
7Innova 3150f Bluetooth OBD 2 ABS Airbag Scan Tool
Why Taking Innova 3150f Bluetooth OBD 2 ABS SRS Scan Tool?
Innova ABS scan tool tends to be very reliable and practical to the intended users. The Innova 3150f is no different. With this best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS, you can view codes and even clear them. It may come in handy when you need to reset the warning light for your car’s ABS or SRS.
Perhaps the one feature that makes it the best airbag code reader is its ability to link with a mobile device via Bluetooth. So far we’ve only seen scanners that either uses a wired or wireless connection. This one combines both.
By pairing it with your smartphone or tablet, you can transfer diagnostic data from the Innova 3150f to your phone/tablet. That will make it easier for you to research about codes and find possible fixes online straight from your mobile device.
The best part is that the scanner works with both iOS and Android devices. And as long as we’re talking compatibility, it covers all mainstream OBD2 vehicles. That includes cars, light trucks, SUVs and Hybrids.
- Works on most vehicles targeted for the US market
- Supports Bluetooth connectivity in addition to a wired connection
- Installed with a repair helper that suggests fixes for detected problems
- Can estimate repair costs and recommend replacement parts etc.
- Offers more functions like battery reset, oil reset, and Check Engine Light Reset
- Can only detect faulty ABS sensor but won’t do bleeding
- Compatibility issues with European and Asian-made cars
- Cannot graph live sensor data
What can Innova 3150f Bluetooth OBD 2 ABS SRS Scan Tool be used for?
If you are an ordinary car owner then this is perhaps the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS for you. Just check with Innova to ensure that it is fully compatible with your car.Check Price at Amazon
Why Taking Autel AL619 Autolink OBDII ABS SRS Code Reader?
The third Autel SRS scanner to earn a spot in this review is the AL619 Autolink ABS SRS scan tool. Despite its affordable price tag, this ABS and SRS car scanner edges most of its competitors in functionality.
First off it can retrieve generic, manufacturer-specific and pending codes. So, if there’s a problem with either the ABS or SRS, there’s a super high level of guarantee that the scanner will pinpoint it.
Besides that, it is capable of clearing those codes. Once all the codes are cleared you can go ahead and reset the ABS and/or SRS warning light.
In addition to codes, this entry-level scanner can display, store and playback live sensor data from the ABS and SRS. You can choose to view the data as text, graph or hardcopy printout. The scanner supports a PC connection for the latter.
With regards to vehicle coverage, you can use the Autel AL619 Autolink on most car brands, domestic and foreign. It works on Ford, GM, Chrysler, VW, BMW, Toyota, Nissan, and Honda just to name a few. But it’s strictly an OBD2 scanner, so the car must be a 1996 or newer model.
- A very affordable price tag
- Can reset ABS and SRS warning lights
- Wide vehicle coverage that includes domestic and foreign brands
- Supports live sensor data which in turn helps you identify a faulty sensor in the ABS or SRS
- Simple-to-use interface
- Compatibility issues with cars that are newer than 2014, especially for ABS diagnostics
- Construction feels cheap
What can Autel AL619 Autolink OBDII ABS SRS Code Reader be used for?
This ABS/SRS scan tool is perfect for the ordinary car owner who wants to get more for less. It has a low price tag but offers virtually the same functions as some mid-range scanners (at least as far as ABS and SRS diagnostics).Check Price at Amazon
9Launch CRP129 OBD II SRS ABS Diagnostic Tool
Why Taking Launch CRP129 OBD II SRS ABS Diagnostic Tool?
The Launch CRP129 ABS scan tool is a lot like Autel’s MD802 Maxidiag Elite ABS code reader in the sense that both scanners bring a ton of functions besides ABS and airbag diagnostics. For instance, this product (Launch CRP129) supports all 10 OBD2 test modes and can check all the 4 main systems, i.e. engine, ABS, SRS, and transmission.
More specifically, it can retrieve and clear trouble codes in the ABS and SRS. With the ABS, this tool can visually inspect all the brake components and help you pinpoint faults. For the SRS, the CRP129 checks all sensors and gives a report about their health statuses.
To put it simply, this ABS and SRS code reader does a great job in deep probing both systems. it can display live sensor data in graphical format. That should make your work easier when you need to pinpoint a faulty sensor.
Vehicle coverage includes over 40 car manufacturers from the US and EU. If you want to know whether your car is compatible with Launch Tech recommend that you email them and they will respond.
- Sleek tablet-like design
- Offers comprehensive diagnosis of ABS, SRS and other vehicle systems
- Uses auto-VIN to identify vehicles automatically
- Wide vehicle coverage that includes US-made and European-made cars, light trucks and SUVs
- Displays definitions of trouble codes
- Not compatible with Mac computers and therefore can’t be updated using a Mac system
- Only reads generic trouble codes on some European-made cars
What can Launch CRP129 OBD II SRS ABS Diagnostic Tool be used for?
The Launch CRP129 is designed for professionals who want fairly advanced diagnostic features in an easy-to-use device.Check Price at Amazon
10Innova 3160g OBD2 SRS ABS Scanner with 3.5″ Display
Why Taking Innova 3160g OBD2 ABS SRS Scan Tool?
Last but not least is the Innova 3160g. While its large, 3.5-inch screen may be an eye-catcher, it’s the scanner’s functionality that attracts most buyers. It can read and clear trouble codes from the ABS and SRS. And that means you can use it to reset ABS and SRS warning lights.
As you would expect from a scanner in this price range, the Innova 3160g ABS SRS Scan Tool is capable of displaying live sensor data. By doing so it helps you identify a faulty sensor in the ABS or SRS.
The biggest (and most surprising) downside is that it doesn’t support auto-bleeding of ABS. But it does have impressive vehicle compatibility. You can use it on pretty much any OBD2-compliant vehicle. Whether that makes up for the lack of ABS bleeding is another story.
- Ergonomic design for easy handling
- Works on virtually all domestic and foreign OBD2-compliant cars and light trucks
- Offers additional functions like battery maintenance, Check Engine Light reset and oil light reset
- Can record live stream data from sensors
- Displays suggestions for repairs
- Doesn’t support ABS bleeding despite the high price tag
- A database needs updating to include 2014 and newer models
What can Innova 3160g OBD2 SRS ABS Scanner be used for?
As far as ABS and SRS functions are concerned, the Innova 3160g is best suited for enthusiasts and DIYers.Check Price at Amazon
Best OBD2 ABS SBS Scanners: Editor’s Top 3 Picks Comparison Chart
|Best of the Best||Best Value||Also Great|
BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional OBD2 SRS ABS Coder Reader
FOXWELL NT630 Elite ABS SRS OBD-II Scanner
Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN OBD II SRS ABS Scan Tool
4.4 / 5
4.3 / 5
4.4 / 5
|ABS/SRS Light Reset||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bottom line||BlueDriver Bluetooth Professional is for ordinary car owners who want to check codes, view live data and reset the malfunction lamp on SRS and ABS systems.||FOXWELL NT630 Elite offer just enough for enthusiasts who want a specialized tool for ABS and SRS diagnostics.||Autel MaxiLink ML619 CAN is perhaps the best ABS code reader for car owners. With live data capabilities, you can check the ABS, SRS and pinpoint a faulty sensor.|
The Bottom Line
Both the SRS and ABS are essentially important components of a car. After all, they play key roles in ensuring that your vehicle’s safety standards are as good as they can possibly be.
Besides, the ABS is instrumental in the overall control and handling of a car. That’s precisely why car owners and mechanics need the best OBD2 scanner with ABS and SRS.
FAQs about OBD2 Scanner with ABS and SRS
1. What is SRS?
SRS is short for Supplemental Restraint System. It’s the proper name given to the airbag system. Without getting into details, the SRS consists of a number of parts, including a fabric bag, cushion, impact sensor, and inflation module.
Together, these components work to provide vehicle occupants with a soft cushioning in case of a crash. The impact sensor detects the impact and then transmits that information to the inflation module. In turn, the inflation module fills the fabric bag with air in a split second.
This bag is usually surrounded by a soft cushion. So, during the crash, instead of your head (and body) slamming on the interior parts of the car it will hit the airbag. That reduces injuries significantly.
2. What Is An Airbag/ SRS Scanner?
An airbag scanner, airbag code reader or airbag scan tool is basically a device used to diagnose the airbag/SRS system. Usually, the airbag system is managed by the Airbag Control Unit which monitors various sensors.
These sensors include side door pressure sensors, impact sensors, accelerometer, and seat occupancy sensors. If any of the sensors is faulty the whole system is likely to fail. It will trigger the airbag Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) to warn you about the fault.
Now, an SRS car scanner checks the sensors to ensure that they work as they should. In case there’s a problem the airbag scanner will report it to you. Depending on the nature of the problem and your technical ability, you can either fix the issue the DIY way or take the car to the shop.
3. What is ABS?
ABS, on its part, stands for Anti-Lock Braking System. Simply put, it’s a system that prevents wheels from locking up when you slam on the brakes. If one or more wheels lock up when you’re breaking the car could skid or slide. In other words, you may lose control of the vehicle altogether.
A car that doesn’t have ABS requires that you pump the brake to prevent wheels from locking. Even so, there’s no guarantee that they won’t lock. And that’s where the ABS makes a car safer and easier to handle regardless of the weather conditions and speed.
4. What Does An ABS Code Reader Do?
Just as an SRS code reader checks the SRS for faults, an ABS code reader does the same for the ABS. The ABS is monitored by wheel speed sensors. In case the system experiences a functional problem, these sensors pick up the problem.
You can then use an ABS scan tool to pull that problem from the sensors. The scanner will report the issue to you in a human-understandable language, typically in form of trouble codes.
5. Can I use one scanner to diagnose ABS and SRS?
Yes. All the scanners above support diagnosing of both systems.
6. My scanner won’t read ABS or SRS, what should I do?
Make sure it is plugged snuggly in the OBD2 port. If that doesn’t solve the issue try updating the software. If that too fails to check for vehicle compatibility with the manufacturer. You might also be dealing with a faulty scanner, consider returning to the seller.
7. Is it safe to drive with ABS and SRS lights on?
No. If the light is on then the system is faulty and that exposes you to risk.
8. How can I turn off the ABS/SRS light on my car?
Use any one of the scanners above to reset all the codes for the system (ABS/SRS). That should do.
9. Can I use a scanner to determine why my airbag doesn’t deploy?
Yes. A reliable scanner will check the SRS system and pinpoint faults. That should help you know why the airbag isn’t deploying when it should.
10. Can I use a scanner to bleed ABS?
Some scanners allow you to bleed ABS and brakes. Thus, if you’re interested in that function, make sure to choose a scanner that supports them. Check the review above for all the best scanners with ABS bleeding.