Do you love listening to music while driving to work? Are you a connoisseur of music? Do you want to take your music experience to another level?
Then a Car subwoofer is a must for your car stereo. Once you have listened to music with the help of a Car subwoofer, there is no going back.
With the help of a sub-woofer, you can add the level of power and sound which a normal, small car speaker cannot probably provide. A lot of Car subwoofers are presently available in the market.
When choosing the best car subwoofers, you can get a bit confused. The sheer number of available Car subwoofers and the technical jargon can leave you in a state of indecision. This article will help you a lot when buying a car subwoofer that feels as if it were made specifically for you.
- 1 Editor’s top 3 picks of Car Subwoofers
- 2 The Best Car Subwoofers Review
- 2.1 1. Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800W Slim Low Profile Active Car Subwoofer
- 2.2 2. Rockville RWS12CA Slim 1200W 12″ Powered Car Subwoofer
- 2.3 3. Sound Storm LOPRO10 1200 W Low Profile Amplified 10″ Car Subwoofer
- 2.4 4. Dual Electronics BP1204 12″ illumiNITE High-Performance Studio Enclosed Car Subwoofers
- 2.5 5. MTX TNE212D 12 inch 1200 Watt Dual Loaded Car Subwoofers
- 2.6 6. Skar Audio EVL-12 D2 12″ 2500 Watt Max Power Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer
- 3 The Bottom Line
- 4 Best Car Subwoofers Buying Guide
- 5 FAQs
Editor’s top 3 picks of Car Subwoofers
This article will discuss the best 7 Car subwoofers so we will star with the top 3 three Car Subwoofers.
|Best of the Best||Best Value||Also Great|
Rockville RW10CA 10" 800W Slim Low Profile Active Car Subwoofer
Rockville RWS12CA Slim 1200W 12 Powered Car Subwoofer
Sound Storm LOPRO10 1200 W Low Profile Amplified 10" Car Subwoofer
4.4 / 5
4.7 / 5
3.8 / 5
|Pros||-It had a compact design.|
-All of the Input and Output jack is located in one side
|-It had a slim profile.|
-Come with remote Bass Control
|-It's equiped with mounting bracket|
-Come with a wired Remote
|Cons||-The output bass doesn’t live up to expectations|
-If not snugly installed, the sound will be affected.
|-Inline Fuse may cause some trouble||-The Kit don't come with Installation cables and wiring harness|
-There are no vents for distribution of air pressure
|Bottom Line||-This Model is perfect for someone who looking for a under seat Speaker.||-This Model is very easy to set up even for DIYer||-This Model work quite goods for even it small size and can fit under the seat of any vehicles|
The Best Car Subwoofers Review
1. Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800W Slim Low Profile Active Car Subwoofer
Rockville RW10CA is a slim design Car Subwoofer. Its peak power consumption is 800 Watts. It comes with automatic turn-on technology. You can adjust the input sensitivity with the help of this subwoofer.
The circuit is thermally protected. It also has protection against short-circuiting and overloading. It fits nicely under the car seats.
- Do not need a remote wire to switch it ON & OFF
- All inputs and outputs on one side
- Compact design
- Comes with a subsonic filter
- Also has a crossover filter and phase control
- The output bass doesn’t live up to expectations
- If not snugly installed, the sound will be affected.
Who is it built for?
Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800W car subwoofer is perfect as an under the seat. It is pretty easy to install as well. If you are looking for a subwoofer that is slim enough to go under your car seat, it is the right choice.
2. Rockville RWS12CA Slim 1200W 12″ Powered Car Subwoofer
The Rockville RWS12CA has a peak power output of 1200 Watts and an RMS of 400 Watts RMS. It comes equipped with a high power magnet. The MDF enclosure is pretty slim. It comes with an installation kit.
The PVC outer jacket is heat resistant and can withstand high temperatures up to 220 degrees F. It is the perfect solution if you want to add bass to your car’s stereo.
These subwoofers come with matching woofers and amplifiers. It has quick-connect Molex high-level input with Smart Turn-On Circuitry.
- MDF box enclosure
- Remote bass control
- Adjustable low-pass crossover
- Smart Turn-On Circuitry
- slightly longer than some car rear seats
- Inline fuse causes some issues
Who is it built for?
Rockville RWS12CA Slim 1200W 12″ Car Subwoofer is pretty easy to set even if you don’t know your way around wires and electric equipment.
3. Sound Storm LOPRO10 1200 W Low Profile Amplified 10″ Car Subwoofer
Sound Storm LOPRO10 is amazing under seat subwoofer. It has great quality when it comes to low-frequency output and bass performance. It comes with a wired remote and an integrated mounting bracket.
It doesn’t include the wires for providing power to it. This subwoofer has a MOSFET power supply which gives better switching speed and thermal impedance.
There is a low pass filter which keeps the high notes out of the subwoofer. It has a variable boost bass so that you can set the bass just the way that suits you.
- Powerful and compact subwoofer
- High-quality low-end frequency performance
- Durable Casing
- Wired remote
- Integrated mounting bracket
- No Mounting kit and screws
- Doesn’t include Installation cables and wiring harness
- There are no vents for distribution of air pressure
Who is it built for?
Sound Storm LOPRO10 1200 W Car subwoofer works effectively in small, compact spaces. It can fit easily under the seat of any vehicle because of its small size.
4. Dual Electronics BP1204 12″ illumiNITE High-Performance Studio Enclosed Car Subwoofers
Dual Electronics BP1204 12″ illumiNITE comes with a plexiglass casing. You can look at the light show as your music is playing. It uses 1100 W power and 600 RMS power. It has an impedance of 4 ohms.
This dual subwoofer system gives great sound quality. These subwoofers come enclosed in an MDF enclosure. The vent system is pretty great on these subwoofers.
- It has a specialized tune port.
- Brushed Aluminum Woofer Cones
- Easy to hook up
- Great sound quality
- Comes with a plexiglass casing
- Can change the position of the rearview mirror when played
- A tad bit heavy
Who is it built for?
Dual Electronics BP1204 12″ illumiNITE Car Subwoofer is a nice quality 12” subwoofer. It fits under most of the car and is a great choice for the money.
5. MTX TNE212D 12 inch 1200 Watt Dual Loaded Car Subwoofers
MTX TNE212D Car subwoofer is one of the best available 12” subwoofers. Being pretty affordable, you can easily give your car’s stereo a good bass. It is made in a way which caters to the needs of most people.
These subwoofers are lightweight and portable. They are also protected against the damage caused by a moving vehicle. They come with Spider Plateau Venting which prevents overheating.
It has a good quality of the bass. Being easy to install, you will be able to fit it in your vehicle very quick
- Come with polypropylene dust caps
- 1200 W maximum power load
- Spider Plateau Venting
- Entry-level car subwoofer
- Low sensitivity
Who is it built for?
If you want quality bass subwoofers that give a great sound to your music, MTX TNE212D Car subwoofer can be used with ease and comfort. They are entry-level subwoofers.
6. Skar Audio EVL-12 D2 12″ 2500 Watt Max Power Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer
Skar Audio EVL-12 D2 is an 12” compact subwoofer. With a rubber butyl paper cone, the low-end frequencies are enhanced. It has a triple stack assembly which makes it perfect for playing loud music.
The 12″ high-temperature copper voice coil prevents overheating and burnout. You have to buy separate amplifier and enclosure with this subwoofer though.
- Compact, lightweight design perfect for small vehicles
- Triple stack motor assembly
- A wide range of low frequencies
- Advanced airflow cooling design
- Small enclosures can be difficult to find
- A bit difficult to install
Who is it built for?
Skar Audio EVL-12 D2 Car subwoofer is perfect if you have limited space in the trunk or back seat of your car.
The Bottom Line
Car subwoofers are powerful music enhancers. They take your love for the music into consideration and make your experience more memorable. The music is more appealing to the ears with the help of Car Subwoofers.
Before buying a subwoofer for your car, you should know its features. I have laid out the features, the positive and negative aspects of the 7 Best Car Subwoofers for your benefit.
The above mentioned 7 Car subwoofers have features which make them outstanding amongst several others that are available. By comparing these 7 Best Car Subwoofers, you can find out which Car subwoofer is the one for you.
Best Car Subwoofers Buying Guide
There are several things and factors which need to be kept in mind when buying the best Car Subwoofer. Basically, it all depends on the type of bass you are looking for. Following are a few things that you should consider beforehand:
- Size is an important thing when it comes to subwoofers. With different music, they produce different size according to their size. If a subwoofer is small, it will be more fast and responsive. For example, an 8″ subwoofer works great with fast-paced music. It works well with soft and light bass. It is not the choice for heavy and loud bass.
- A 10” subwoofer can keep up with the fast pace of the music, and also works with heavy bass. It works with all kinds of music. The only drawback is that for an increase in volume, you need to double up the subwoofer if you want big bass.
- 12″ subwoofer is perfect for heavy bass. The flaw with them is that they cannot work with fast-paced music.
2) Power and Sensitivity
- Car subwoofers require a large amount of power. This is because they are moving a large amount of air. You also need to consider the sensitivity of the car subwoofer. Sensitivity and power consumption go hand in hand in the case of subwoofers.
- If you increase the sound by 3db, the power will be cut in half.
- For example, a 90db sensitive car subwoofer will require 100 watts. On the other hand, a 96db car subwoofer would work with just 25 watts.
3) Subwoofer Enclosure
- Cars don’t come with a subwoofer enclosure. You can either buy a subwoofer that comes with an enclosure and tools, or you can make your own enclosure.
- Thin enclosures are good for when it comes to spreading the sound through the whole car. But they can easily get punctured, which is a drawback.
- Thick enclosures can muffle the sound if the thickness is too much. You need to balance both the sound and security while looking at enclosures.
Q: What is the function of a car subwoofer?
A: A Subwoofer is a dedicated low-frequency component. It covers deep and low-end frequency ranges which can be reached by car speakers.
Q: Which subwoofer will have the loudest sound?
A: There are several factors which determine the loudness of the sound such as sensitivity, power handling, bass boost control etc.
Q: What is the difference between a woofer and a sub-woofer?
A: A sub-woofer consists of one or more woofers installed with an enclosure. The woofer is basically the part of a sub-woofer.
Q: Is Rockville RW10CA 10″ weatherproof?
A: There is no weather-proofing in this subwoofer.
Q: Do I need to purchase the amplifier installation kit to install Rockville RW10CA 10″?
A: Yes, you are required to get the amplifier installation kit to install this subwoofer.