On this page, we review the 7 best digital tire pressure gauges available on the market in 2019. Don’t stop until you find your perfect one!
- 1 Why Do I Need A Digital Tire Pressure Gauge?
- 2 Best Digital Tire Pressure Gauge Reviews
- 3 Best Digital Tire Pressure Gauge: Editor’s Top 3 Picks Comparison Chart
Why Do I Need A Digital Tire Pressure Gauge?
One way of keeping yourself safe while driving is ensuring that the tires are properly inflated. They should neither be over-inflated nor under-inflated.
Over-inflated tires may result in the car bouncing around too much. Besides the discomfort you will feel, the bouncing can easily result in an accident due to loss of traction. What about under-inflation? Well, it makes the tires heat up, putting them at risk of failure. They may also wear out faster and unevenly, and may affect the car’s braking and steering systems.
That is why you need a tire pressure gauge. The device measures the amount of pressure in a tire and gives the value in PSI (pound-force per square inch).
Best Digital Tire Pressure Gauge Reviews
1AstroAI Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
With a CR2032 lithium battery, the AstroAI pressure gauge features an ergonomic design and non-slip exterior surface. It has grips where fingers fit comfortably, so holding the whole thing firmly won’t be a problem.
The whole device weighs just 2.4 ounces and measures 4.3 x 7.9 x 1.2 inches. It’s perfectly sized for portability, which is exactly what you want.
Also, this digital tire pressure gauge takes PSI readings instantly. In a fraction of a second, it will have displayed your tire’s pressure. Make sure you don’t press it against the valve for more than that split second as you may deflate the tire.
It has one button for ON, UNIT and OFF. The device automatically shuts off after 40 seconds of idleness to save power. Even more important is the gauge’s extreme accuracy in reading tire pressure. Obviously, it can read up to 150 PSI in increments of 0.5.
That gauge also supports other pressure units, specifically BAR, KG/CM2 and KPA.
- Battery is durable, lasts for one year and is replaceable.
- Work on cars, trucks and bikes.
- Backlit LCD ensures you see the reading even in low lighting conditions.
- One year warranty on the product.
- Comes with a user manual to offer guidance.
- Slim, portable and suitable for holding in the hand.
- Built with light plastic that may break upon high impact.
- Not compatible with all brands of valves. For example, you cannot use it with Presta valves.
Who Should Buy It?
Despite the few flaws, this digital tire pressure gauge is an awesome product for ordinary car owners and drivers. Under proper maintenance, it will serve you for a long time.
2SafeLife Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
Using the SafeLife gauge is as simple as ABC. It has one button that controls the ON, UNIT and OFF functions. When you want to measure your tire’s pressure simply press that button until the LCD screen displays zero.
The LCD is backlit for easy reading even in low lighting conditions. But it will go off automatically after 30 seconds of being idle to save battery power. If you want to switch the device off yourself you can do so by pressing the ON button for at least 3 seconds.
This digital tire pressure gauge offers pressure measurements in 4 different units like
That’s why it’s important to note that the device has a range of 0 to 150 PSI. The readings increase by 0.5 PSI, so the reading you get is rounded to the nearest 0.5. That small margin of error accounts for SafeLife’s outstanding accuracy.
Actually, the outer surface is non-slip and the handle is designed with grips for easy control. The device is powered by one CR2032 Lithium battery and 3 LR44 button cells, all of which are replaceable. The installed LCD display measures 8.3 x 4 inches and shows readings with crisp clarity.
- Compact design measures 5.43 x 2.20 x 1.22 inches and weighs 2.7 ounces.
- Works on cars as well as bike tires.
- Very affordable.
- Simple to use, the operation involves using just one button.
- A very clear LCD display with backlight for use at night.
- Replacing batteries requires disassembling of the whole gauge which involves unscrewing it.
Who Should Buy It?
Replacing the battery might be a bit of a hassle, but other than that you can’t find a fault on this digital tire pressure gauge. That’s why it is recommended for all car owners.
3Suaoki Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
This digital gauge is a combo of a pressure gauge, inflation gun, and air chuck. The nozzle is attached using a rubber hose. Its air inlet is the standard ¼-inch NPT and the quick connect coupler measures ¼ inches too.
That combination means the device can serve 3 purposes:
- First, you can connect it to a pump or compressor when inflating tires. The package includes a quick connect coupler for that.
- Secondly, you can use it as a mere pressure gauge for measuring tire pressure.
- Finally, it can serve as a bleeder for bleeding pressure.
Either way, operating the device is a piece of cake. First squeeze the lock-on air chuck and press it on the tire’s valve. Pull the trigger when inflating the tire but release it (the trigger) when measuring pressure.
During tire inflation you will need to connect the device’s connector coupler to an air compressor. There’s a relief valve on the side for reducing pressure when the tire is over-inflated.
Its body is made of a heavy-duty aluminum alloy, not plastic. The whole device measures 9.5 x 8.3 x 2.8 inches, weighs 1.1 pounds and uses two LR03 AAA batteries. The backlit LCD display is clear enough to show readings in all lighting conditions.
Still, on the topic of readings, the Suaoki digital gauge offers 4 different units included:
The PSI range is 0 to 150 and each reading has an accuracy 1% plus or minus 0.5 PSI. Simply put whatever value the gauge displays is extremely accurate. With this device, there’s virtually a zero chance of over-inflating or under-inflating your tires.
- Has three functions in one unit.
- Aluminum body ensures durability.
- Simple to use, you only need one hand to operate it.
- High accuracy when reading tire pressure.
- Very affordable considering all the beneficial features it brings to the table.
- Requires air compressor before attaching to inflation pump. Some people may find the connection inconveniencing especially when in a hurry.
Who Should Buy It?
This unit is for daily use by pretty much any motorist. If you own or drive a car you definitely need to check its tires’ pressure. The Suaoki digital tire pressure gauge will help a great deal with that.
It is easy to use and doesn’t require any specialized knowledge. Plus you get three functions in one, which is pretty awesome.
4Dstecho Tire Pressure Gauge
Although the Dstecho is primarily a digital tire pressure gauge, it is, in fact, a multi-function tool. Sure it measures tire pressure. But beyond that, the device is also a safety life hammer, LED flashlight, and seatbelt cutter.
All those features may be called to use in case of an emergency, say an accident. You may need the safety life hammer to break glass windows and escape. The seatbelt cutter is just that – a tool for cutting the seatbelt and setting yourself or others free.
In that regard, the device measures pressure in 3 units, namely PSI, BAR, and KPA. Pressing the ON button repeatedly toggles between those modes. The PSI reading ranges from 5 to 150 and has an accuracy of plus/minus 1.
After reading, the Dstecho will display the value on the screen for about 90 seconds. That’s more than enough time to lift it up and get a clear view of the tire pressure value. The display will then go off automatically.
And the design is ergonomic. It features a non-slip surface for a firm grip, which makes handling this 2.88-ounce tool pretty simple. Its dimensions are 6 x 1.6 x 1 inches.
- Batteries are easy to replace.
- Made using high-grade ABS and copper materials.
- Multi-function tool that combines pressure gauge, safety life hammer, flashlight, and seatbelt cutter.
- Compact, lightweight and portable.
- Has a clear display screen.
- Comes with 24-month warranty.
- Doesn’t come with a battery, you have to buy separately.
- Nozzle produces a blue light which some may find dimmer than white light. The flashlight’s light is white though.
Who Should Buy It?
This digital tire pressure gauge is the car owners. Its combination of functions is to increase the safety of ordinary car owners, drivers, and their passengers. Besides taking pressure readings, it may also help in case of an accident.
5McLintech 5 in 1 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
Constructed mainly from heavy-duty plastic, the McLintech gauge is a true 5-in-1 device. The first and primary function is the pressure gauge.
Secondly, you also get a safety hammer (glass breaker). At the top of the device is a button which releases the fold-in hammer. You may need this to break a glass in case of an emergency.
The third function is a LED flashlight. This one is meant to offer illumination in dark lighting conditions when you’re trying to get pressure readings of your tires or when you’re looking for something inside the vehicle.
Overall, these are tools you would need for your general safety. All the functions are powered by two batteries, one AAA and the other one a CR2032 Lithium.
For starters, its pressure gauge function is quite versatile. It offers readings in the 4 main units of pressure like:
The gauge gives PSI values in increments of 0.5 and is compatible with Schrader valves. With a range of 3 to 150 PSI and outstanding accuracy of plus/minus 1, you can rely on this digital pressure gauge to give the most accurate pressure readings.
- Very sturdy and durable.
- Compact and easily portable. Measures 6.5 x 1 x 2.6 inches.
- Exterior surface is rubberized for an easy and firm grip.
- Packs numerous functions in one device.
- Attractive to the eye.
- Compatible with all tires that use Schrader valves, including trucks and bikes.
- The flashlight is not so bright.
- You need to apply a lot of pressure on the button to get the hammer out.
Who Should Buy It?
The McLintech 5 is not a professional tool. It is for ordinary car owners, including beginners. Actually, the vast functionality, affordable price, and solid construction make it a handy addition to any car.
6DIYCO Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
When you first open the DIYCO box you’ll be amazed at just how sophisticated the digital tire pressure is. Even so, it’s quite easy to use. Simply press the air chuck onto the tire’s valve and the gauge will display air pressure.
Designed in the USA, the DIYCO pressure gauge is meant for use on vehicles that have TMPS sensors. That is basically all vehicles manufactured post-2007. But it also works on older models as long as the tire has a compatible valve.
Speaking of which, the functions are powered by 2 replaceable AAA batteries. They make it possible to take tire pressure and get the reading on the gauge’s 1.5-inch LCD display. It has sufficient backlight, you can see readings clearly in all lighting conditions.
Along with the popular PSI unit, this digital tire pressure gauge gives readings in:
Most users prefer PSI. If you’re among them you probably need to know that the gauge has a range of 3 to 150 PSI. Its accuracy is an impressive plus or minus 1%.
- Compact and portable. Measures 17.2 x 3 x 1.2 inches and weighs 8 ounces.
- Applicable to cars, trucks, and bikes.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty.
- The package comes complete with user manual and batteries.
- Gives very accurate readings thanks to the little margin of error
- While it is possible to calibrate this digital tire pressure gauge, doing so will void the warranty. That makes it hard to customize the gauge.
Who Should Buy It?
Professionals and DIYers alike will like the service offered by this digital tire pressure gauge. It is compact, durable and affordable. That’s why it fits in a toolbox inside a car and also in an auto service center.
A definite must-have for all drivers, auto shops, garages and even auto technicians.
7iTavah Digital Tire Pressure Gauge
The iTavah is yet another all-in-one digital tire pressure gauge well worth your consideration. It has 3 functions integrated into one unit like:
- A digital tire pressure gauge for monitoring the pressure in your car’s tires.
- You get a pressure releaser. This is an air bleeding tool for removing excess pressure in a tire.
- The iTavah also features a tire inflator. If your tire is running low on air you can refill using this tool.
However, you need to have an air compressor that’s compatible with ¼-inch NPT.
It’s accurate to say that those are functions you may need at one time or another. And the whole device is well-constructed to ensure that it not only delivers but also lasts.
The gun and dial are made using a single high-grade plastic material. That kind of closure prevents air from leaking through the gauge. On its part, the chuck is made of a pure alloy to reinforce durability.
It takes 2 LR03 AAA batteries to support the functions of this digital tire pressure gauge. So you will get gauge functions such as:
- The ability to measure tire pressure from 0 to 150 PSI in increments of 0.5. Although PSI is the most commonly used unit, the iTavah offers three other options. They are BAR, KG/CM2, and KPA.
- After giving a reading it will automatically shut off in about 30 minutes. You don’t have to worry about draining the battery. On the gauge is a backlit LCD screen that shows pressure readings.
- Its blue backlight is more than sufficient when you’re using the gauge at night. In total, the iTavah weighs just 1.08 pounds and measures 12 x 3.6 x 2.3 inches.
- Package includes batteries (last up to 2 years), air hose, screwdriver, and user manual.
- Very simple to use.
- Has accuracy of plus or minus 1%.
- Combines three functions in one affordable unit.
- Made using high-grade materials.
- There are a few customer complaints about durability issues. The one point of concern is the button which tends to shoot out after long use.
Who Should Buy It?
While a few customers have had issues with the button, a majority are satisfied with the service that this digital tire pressure gauge offers. Most are ordinary car owners, and those are the ones for who the gauge was made.
Do not apply too much pressure when pressing the button.
Best Digital Tire Pressure Gauge: Editor’s Top 3 Picks Comparison Chart
|Best for budget||Best for functionality||Best overall|
McLintech 5 In 1
4.2 / 5
4.2 / 5
4.5 / 5
|Display||LCD backlit display||LED display||LCD digital display|
|Pressure Units Supported||PSI, BAR, KG/CM and|
|PSI, BAR, KG/CM and|
|PSI, BAR, KG/CM and|
|Bottom Line||It is recommended for all car owners.||It is suitable for ordinary car owners, including beginners||This unit is for daily use by pretty much any motorist|