Launch Creader V Plus supports all 10 OBD2 modes in addition to bidirectional testing.
This plug and play device is a breeze to use. It is well suited for both beginners and DIYers. It offers easy navigation options and has a user-friendly interface.
With Launch Creader V Plus, you can perform a variety of obd2 features such as read and erase CEL, freeze frame data, data stream, I/M Readiness, etc.
Let’s find out more about this scanner:
Launch Creader V+ Detailed Review
10 Modes Of OBDII Diagnostics
Launch Creader V Plus OBD2 Engine Code Reader supports all 10 modes of OBDII.
- Mode 1: This mode lets you request powertrain diagnostic data.
- Mode 2: It lets you request freeze frame information.
- Mode 3: This mode lets you request emission related diagnostic data.
- Mode 4: It helps reset emission related diagnostic data.
- Mode 5: With this mode, you can request oxygen sensor data.
- Mode 6: This one lets you request data for onboard monitoring tests. It also lets you select specific components to figure out the cause of misfires.
- Mode 7: It pulls data from current or previously performed driving cycles. This would bring up emission-related diagnostic trouble codes detected.
- Mode 8: This mode lets you control onboard monitoring, carry out tests in a few components of the vehicle.
- Mode 9: It helps request information regarding the vehicle.
- Mode 10: This mode is to request emission data after you perform a reset.
This scanner can perform two bidirectional tests: EVAP test and O2 test.
The EVAP system allows the PCM to examine the fuel system and measure how efficient the engine is. The purpose of this test is to let drivers how economically the car uses fuel.
On the other hand, the O2 test lets the driver understand how well the engine is doing its job. It’s linked to the emission system and can help understand the overall condition of the vehicle.
The scanner lets you grab information related to the two systems. You can use this data to make the car more efficient to run.
Launch Creader V Plus offers many basic features such
This scanner not only helps read trouble codes for engine light but also explains what the problem is. You can solve the issue with the help of the tool and also use it to reset the engine light.
DTC Lookup: With this scanner, you will not have to search the web to find explanations as the tool provides definitions of all the codes. With this reliable information, you will get to save time and also solve problems quickly and easily.
I/M Readiness: This feature lets you know if your car is ready to pass the emission test or not.
On-Board Monitoring: You can perform various onboard monitoring tests with this scan tool. These include cylinder misfires, catalyst monitor, and EGR monitor bank.
36 Live Data Stream: You get to read live data from 36 live streams including:
- Status of Fuel System 1
- Status of Fuel System 2
- Calculated Load Value
- Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure
- Engine Coolant Temperature
- Short Term Fuel Trim-Bank 1
- Vehicle Speed
- Long Term Fuel Trim-Bank 1
- Engine RPM
- Ignition Timing Advance for #1 Cylinder
- Intake Air temperature
- And many more.
With a dimension of only 9.8 x 2.1 x 5.5 inches, it is quite a compact tool. Moreover, it weighs only 12 ounces and is very easy to handle as well as it can easily fit in your pocket.
Launch Creader V+ offers lifetime free updates. You will not have to worry about having to pay for updates as they arrive.
It’s also very easy to download the latest updates. Connect the device to a PC with the USB cable it comes with and simply download and install the updates from the official site.
This scanner supports a wide variety of vehicles that are obd2 compliant. It is one of the few tools that do not only cover cars but US-made light trucks as well.
In addition to this, it also supports a few Asian and European makes.
- 3-year warranty.
- Lifetime free updates.
- Makes it easy to find misfiring cylinders.
- Highly mobile due to its small size.
- It can record information when the engine dies in the absence of codes.
- Fast at diagnosing problems.
- Doesn’t support ABS, SRS, Oil reset and other advanced features.
Who Is It For?
This scanner is ideal for beginners, DIYers, and semi-professionals who want to diagnose minor faults in their vehicles. It’s also travel-friendly thanks to its small size.
Comparison Chart: Launch Creader V Plus vs. Launch Creader 3008 vs. Ancel AD410
Launch Creader V Plus
LAUNCH Creader 3008
4.1 / 5
4.4 / 5
4.3 / 5
- Do you need to enter the make and model of your vehicle when you connect the scanner?
No, you don’t have to worry about manually entering data. It’s a plug and play device, designed to automatically read vehicle information.
- Can it work on multiple vehicles?
The scanner supports multiple vehicles and can read information off different cars without any trouble.
- How to update the software?
Visit the official website of Launch and click on Updates. Choose language, scanner, and enter your serial number when prompted. Once done, connect the scanner to the computer via a USB cable and run the downloaded software.
- Does this scanner support OBD2 mode 6?
It does. You can perform both o2 sensor test and EVAP emission leak test with this scanner.
Launch Creader V Plus is a useful obd2 scanner that can perform a mix of advanced and basic functions. It’s quite easy to use and carry, making it a suitable device for DIYers, beginners, and semi-professionals.
A video about Launch Creader V Plus.